The Borough of Chambersburg currently has thirty-six (36) authorities, boards, committees, and commissions who assist in furnishing advice and other services essential to the conduct of local government. The authorities, boards, committees, and commissions are made up of various individuals from the community, including council members, council appointees, borough staff, and community volunteers.
Click here to view a comprehensive list of authorities, boards, committees, and commissions, including current members and term dates.
There are fifteen (15) various authorities, boards, committees, and commissions, in which the Borough solicits community volunteers to serve on. As a volunteer, it is a great opportunity to contribute, give back, and enhance your local community. Please consider volunteering!
- CONSTRUCTION CODE BOARD OF APPEALS: Must be a building code professional
- CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION: Assist in rules for hiring, disipline, and termination of uniform employees of the Police and Fire departments
- ELECTRICIANS EXAMINING BOARD: Must be a licensed electrician
- FIRE CODE BOARD OF APPEALS: Must be a building code professional
- HOUSING COMMISSION: Must be familiar with fair housing law
- HUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION: Must have knowledge of state and federal laws regarding discrimination
- MIKE WATERS CITIZEN OF THE YEAR COMMITTEE: Celebrating volunteerism in our community
- PARKING, TRAFFIC, AND STREET LIGHT COMMITTEE: Must have engineering, traffic, or parking knowledge
- PEDESTRIAN AND BICYCLE IMPROVEMENTS PLAN ADVISORY COMMITTEE: Must have knowledge of intermodal transportation, cycling, or pedestrian recreation knowledge and/or experience
- PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION: Must have land development and subdivision plan knowledge and experience
- PLUMBER’S EXAMINING BOARD: Must be a licensed plumber
- RECREATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE (RAC): Must have knowledge and experience with Borough recreation and aquatic center facilities and programming
- SHADE TREE COMMITTEE: Must have knowledge and experience with dendrology in an urban environment
- STORM SEWER UTILITY RATE STRUCTURE AND CREDIT PROGRAM ADVISORY COMMITTEE: Must have knowledge of the Borough’s municipal storm sewer system program and fees
- ZONING HEARING BOARD: Must have professional knowledge of zoning
Volunteer/Expression of Interest
Complete the Volunteer Opportunity Expression of Interest Form online or complete the PDF form (versions in English and Spanish) and mail/email it to:
Borough of Chambersburg
Attn: Borough Secretary
100 South Second Street
Chambersburg, PA 17201